In this ever changing property market it can be difficult to choose the right property and at the right price. At C J Lettings we endeavour to offer a variety of properties be it flats or houses to suit most budgets and if you are unable to find one on our website we will source one for you thereby saving you time and money while we work for you. Our experienced staff will spend time with you to ensure you view the property that best matches your lifestyle.
- Assess your requirements and identify the right property for you to view at a time to suit you
- We prepare the full tenancy agreement and explain the terms and conditions in the simplest manner
- Carry out a full inventory and condition repost of the property prior to move in
- Take meter readings
- Provide council tax information
- Provide information on the use of gas/ electric meter and any appliances used in the property including any alarm systems.
- Be there for you and liaise on our behalf with the landlord should you have any issues with the property during your tenancy.
Finding a propertyFinding the right property is very difficult. Here are some good tips on making sure you choose the right property for you and your family.
- Make sure you are comfortable and happy with the surrounding area and neighbour hood before you even consider the property
- Check out the facilities in the area and the ability to reach these facilities easily- this will depend on your own personal situation. For example- what is public transport like in the area? If you can not drive this may be something to consider. Is it regular and easily accessible?
- Take someone with you to view the property- a partner, family member, friend- four eyes are better than two when looking around your potential new home
- Make sure the property itself is in good working order. Check doors and windows open and shut, taps go on and off, lights go on and off etc
- Make sure any potential problems you spot are noted and discussed with the landlord before the tenancy agreement is signed
- Take meter reading for both gas and electric before you more into the property so you are only charged for the gas and electricity you use- and not someone else’s
- If the property is gas always ask the landlord for a copy of the Gas Safety Certificate before you start the tenancy. DO NOT Move in if there is not a Gas Safety Certificate as this is a legal requirement that your landlord must provide you with.
- When you take on a property ensure you ALWAYS get a written receipt for any money paid and keep these in a safe place.
- Ensure you receive a copy of the tenancy agreement and go over it with the landlord, asking about anything you are unsure of. Make sure you have read over it thoroughly BEFORE signing it.